THE HEART OF ALL MATTERS – PROXY SETTINGS? QUITE POSSIBLE
Basically, the incorrect proxy setting in Windows 7 & Windows 8 makes access to the Internet impossible, rendering your whole WWW infrastructure unusable. In most cases, proxy is created to let you connect through the IP address 127.0.0.1. Typically, this IP address corresponds to the local host, and in most cases it is your own PC. Should you not be able to connect to the Internet, please check your proxy settings. In the worst scenario you should reset the proxy, hence keep on reading to learn how to remove proxy settings in Windows 7, 8 altogether.
AUTOMATIC PROXY SETTINGS AND HOW IT WORKS IN WINDOWS 7 & WINDOWS 8
To browse the Net, we use the « Automatically detect Settings » in our browser, hence surfing through our proxy server is possible. After taking a new proxy server in operation, the wpad file will be changed accordingly.
Still, there is a handful of computers, which always « ring up » proxy server, even if Internet Explorer was reset completely and the restart of you computer took place. You should open IE wpad / wpad.dat, to get to the latest version of wpad file.
PROXY SETTINGS ARE NOT RETAINED AT STARTUP
If this is the case with you hardware, set the following parameters:
- Use « Extras » and « Settings » to go to the Network Settings in « Use proxy settings of the system » and select « Recognize proxy settings for this network automatically »
- Uncheck « Use proxy server for your LAN » in « Control Panel » > « Internet Options » > « LAN Settings »
PROXY SERVER DENIES THE CONNECTION – WHAT TO DO?
What can you do if your proxy server denies the connection? Should your proxy go mad, do the following:
- Change Proxy settings: The error occurs when the proxy settings are incorrect or extensions such as ProxTube are responsible for these settings
- Go to the Control Panel & Internet Options
- Uncheck « Use a proxy server for LAN », if you want to use a proxy server. If you are using Firefox, you should change proxy settings in the browser
Using wireshark, we found that the browser is not looking for a wpad file, but calls the old proxy directly – even though the option « Automatically detect settings » is selected.
If you have already disabled the old proxy network, delete now all kinds of caches (routers, DNS server, client) and launch again these services. If all these efforts to no avail, activate the old proxies again.